Monday, July 24, 2006

For Further Listening...

If you're hungering for more soundtrack oddness, you may want to browse through the iTunes store which has quietly been posting some mind-bending Italian titles lately. Among them are a stunning remastered version of Franco Micalizzi's Beyond the Door (Chi Sei?) (with sound quality that blows away the long out-of-print Japanese CD) and two excellent Stelvio Cipriani "Alleluja" scores that have never been released anywhere, ever: Il West ti va Stretto, Amico... E' Arrivato Alleluja and Testa t'Ammazzo, Croce... Sei Morto Mi Chiamo Alleluja. Some of the limited edition Digitmovies releases are up there as well including Twitch of the Death Nerve, Blood and Black Lace, Death Walks in High Heels, The Red Queen Kills Seven Times and much more.

Hopefully you regular visitors have taken the time to browse through some of the links to the right and find some more musical goodness. If you haven't, here are a few suggestions for some top-notch rarities to try out: Murderers' Row, De Sade, The Dunwich Horror, Candy and Maryjane at ScoreBaby; Sissignore and Codice d'Amore Orientale at Soundsational; The Landlord, Lialeh, In Cold Blood and Hell's Belles at Dust to Dust; tons of pop TV bliss at Mondo Daddykin; Daniel J. White library music at Monone's; Chariots of the Gods at A Closet of Curiosities; They Came to Rob Las Vegas and Willie Dynamite at You Don't Have to Visit This Blog; and... well, that's just barely scratching the surface. Happy hunting!

And most importantly, a special shout-out and thank you to Tim Lucas' Video WatchBlog and Dan Taylor's Exploitation Restrospect for mentioning 7 Black Notes in their columns; bookmark both and visit them often!

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

First, I love this site, such a treasure trove of great film music.

Now, with a question about the Twitch of the Death Nerve score on iTunes....how is it listed, I went and could not find the album, although there is a good deal of scores by Cipriani. Thanks!

8:01 PM  
Blogger nomwl1 said...

Hi!

Thanks for the nice mention about my blog and thanks for linking to me in your link list! I really appreciate it.

Ever since I started my blog, I've gotten so behind on keeping up with the blogosphere (not that I was all that current before), so I wasn't aware until recently that all these wonderful soundtrack sites were around. So I was just adding everybody's links when I noticed you linked to me, so a big thanks again!

I love all your posts and it must be me, but until I looked at your subtitle, 'The Strange Side of Movie Music', I didn't really think of the music as being strange. I guess that means I should start worrying about myself.

Well, anyway, thanks for the acknowledgement and thanks for all the wonderful material you're sharing. :))

8:09 PM  
Blogger 7 Black Notes said...

Thanks, guys - I'm glad you're enjoying the music; listen often!

As for Twitch of the Death Nerve, it's listed under its Italian title, Ecologia del Delitto. Hope that helps!

10:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Allofmp3.ru has several Bruno Nicolai s/tracks & many Morricone.Emusic has some Morricone & a few other Italian s/tracks inc. 5 Dolls,Gomusic.ru (recently changed its name from mp3search) has several Morricone s/tracks.I also find Limewire useful & searching blogger...found a very unusual sounding samba lp morricone did tucked away on a blog.

8:21 AM  
Blogger 7 Black Notes said...

Thanks for the suggestions, Dominic! Some really good stuff there.

2:10 PM  
Blogger David Alexander McDonald said...

Sadly, Mondo Daddykin has gone away, a victim of the Mad Deleter. Bloody shame, i say.

Appreciate your work. Hell, I appreciate the work of everyone bringing back soundtrack albums that haven't had any love for years, if ever.

1:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can find Morricone's "Roma Come Chicago" & "Une Breve Stagione" at Bedazzled.blogs.com...sound quality quite rough but both are very strong scores.

8:33 AM  
Blogger 7 Black Notes said...

Thanks Dominic; Roma is a really nice one, and I've never understood why it hasn't had a big deluxe CD release.

3:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi again 7 black notes. can i ask a question? may you tell me, where i find old soundtracks like these as free: witchcraft by john scott, cleopatra by alex north, lust for life by miklos rozsa, samson and delilah by victor young, the ten commandments by elmer bernstein, we are no angles by george fenton etc. thanks..........the graphic designer

5:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home